Last updated on May 29th, 2020 at 06:09 am
The availability of affordable immersion circulators has greatly impacted the sous vide arena. The sous vide devices help to retain the quality of your food through slow, predictable cooking.
Perhaps you to have just gotten on of these great cooking devices, or your order is yet to be delivered.
In either case, you need some kind sous vide water bath to use it. If you get the best sous vide container, you will perform exciting and enjoyable cooking.
There are unlimited options for the best container for sous vide including a simple stockpot to the kitchen’s sink.
Table of Contents
My Top Selection of Best Sous Vide Container
The cambro 12189cw135 is the first in my list of the best sous vide containers due to its excellent features. This container withstands temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
It measures 12 inches by 18 inches by 9 inches with a capacity of 4.75 gallons. Thus, it’s a perfect container for your sous vide needs.
Also, you will appreciate its ability to store bulk products and ingredients in freezers, coolers, and pantry.
These best container for sous vide is made of crystal clear, unbreakable polycarbonate so you will be able to monitor your sous vide pouches when cooking.
This material makes it very durable even with extended uses. Its smooth surface allows easy cleaning while the bottom texturing reduces scratching.
- Come with 4 gallons holding capacity
- Features a clear color
- Made of crystal clear, unbreakable polycarbonate
- Stores ingredients and produce in coolers, pantry or freezers
- Transfers products out of the cupboard to minimizes the risk of cross-contamination
- It’s made of a clear, strong polycarbonate making it durable
- Has a large capacity of 4.75 water holding capacity
- Can be used as sous vide and storage container
- Withstands temperatures of about -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 210 degrees Fahrenheit
- This container’s top edge lip is somehow wide and may not secure some sous vide devices easily
Camwear Polycarbonate Square Food Storage container
The camwear polycarbonate comes in the second position of my best sous vide containers. These handy sous vide container ranks high in this review since it’s calibrated.
It has a capacity of 2 quarts to 22 quarts and it’s graduated, so you will measure the amount of water need easily.
You can use it for a variety of tasks. First, it’s a perfect sous vide water bath container. Also, you can use it as a storage container for transporting or transporting a variety of foods. It features crystal clear, polycarbonate design allowing you to inspect the contents easily.
When using it for sous vide cooking, you will easily monitor the water and your sous vide foods. It features wide molded-in handles for simple carrying.
The polycarbonate material makes this container odor and stain-resistant to food oils and acids, so it’s great for use with different foods.
You can use it to place your food in a freezer or refrigerator and its dishwasher safe. These sous vide container is NSF approved for healthy and safe use.
- 2 quarts to 22 quarts capacity with calibrations
- Crystal clear, unbreakable polycarbonate allow easy identification of contents
- Odor and stain to food oils and acids
- Wide molded-in handles for simple carrying
- Safe to use in freezer, refrigeration, and dishwasher
- NSF approved
- Can be used as sous vide container and storage container for transporting and storing foods
- Odor and stain resistance allows it to be used for different foods
- Easy carry since it has wide molded-in handles
- Safe to use in freezers, refrigerators
- It’s not BPA free
FG630200CLR Carb-X Space Saving Container
The carb-X Space saving container features a square design to allow easy arrangement of sous vide pouches. Also, it can be used to carry, store or hold food in a food service facility. It’s made of clear sturdy polycarbonate to withstand impact, heat, stain and certain chemicals.
The clear material makes it easy to identify the stored contents. It has graduated marks in blue and red to measure water and food quantities.
These best container for sous vide withstands temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
It’s BPA free for food safety and has been approved by the FDA and other food organizations.
If you use it to store food, it will hold 25 percent more on a shelf in comparison to round containers in the same space. The clear polycarbonate is break-resistant for longevity.
- Square shape to hold more contents
- Made of clear strong polycarbonate to withstand stains, impact, and heat
- Graduated marks in blue and red to measure food quantities
- BPA free and FDA approved
- Holds 25 percent more water and food than round containers
- Graduated marks allow you to measure the amount of water for your sous vide cooking
- Break-resistant to withstand impacts
- Resistant to food oils and stains
- The lid is not included
Camwear Polycarbonate Square Food Storage container
This durable sous vide container has a capacity of 2 quarts to 22 quarts with graduation marks for ease of use.
It has a high rating of above 4.75 out of five stars after more than 170 customer reviews. This high score is a clear indication that most users love its excellent features.
Those who want unique and handy sous vide bath container will find this brand very useful. You can also use it for storing or transporting different foods.
It’s made of clear nearly unbreakable polycarbonate allowing you to inspect easily the contents and status of your sous vide pouches.
These 6-quart sous vide container is odor and stain resistant and doesn’t absorb food oils and acids. If features a square shape to maximize the storage space.
You can use it to freeze and preserve your food in the refrigerator. It can be washed in a dishwasher to ensure you cook and store food in clean conditions and its NSF approved.
- 2 quarts to 22 quarts capacity
- Crystal clear polycarbonate
- Odor and stain-resistant to food acids and oils
- Square shape maximizes storage space
- Safe to use in freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher
- NFS approved
- Clear polycarbonate allows you to monitor the status of your sous vide pouches
- It features a square shape to maximize storage space
- You can use in freezer, refrigerator and wash it in the dishwasher
- NSF approved for use with foods
- The lid is not included
How to choose the best container for sous vide
When choosing, the best sous vide container considers the following factors. However, these considerations may vary according to your specific needs.
A sous vide container may be made of glass or plastic. A plastic container is safer than glass since a glass container may break easily. It’s advisable to choose a transparent container regardless of the material used.
The size of the sous vide container determines the amount of water it can hold. Some brands are calibrated so you can measure the amount of water. Choose a size that is compatible with your sous vide machine and suits your cooking needs.
Most sous vide containers are either round, square or rectangular. The square and rectangular containers offer an easy option to place the machine and arrange sous vide pouches. Circular containers may hold more sous vide pouches that rectangular counterparts.
Some containers can be used as a sous vide water bath container, storage container and also as a normal cooking pot. Therefore, you may choose a versatile container to save on a cooking pot.
Lightweight allows you to shift the container on the countertop easily. Some other containers are insulated, so they hold low volumes of water.
You should also consider the container cover; some cover/lids allow you to cut a circular space to fit your sous vide machine.
You require sous vide containers to allow you to cook your sous vide food without much hassle. I choose these sous vide containers because they are the best in the market.
They offer quality cooking without affecting your sous vide pouches. Also, your sous vide device will be safe in any these containers. They are affordable and durable so you will greatly save on your cooking accessories.
What is the best sous vide container
Due to some excellent features Cambro 12189cw135 and camwear polycarbonate are the best sous vide container.
What size container works best for sous vide
Best size container for sous vide depends on the amount of water sous vide container can hold and few brands are container can help you to measure the amount of water. You can choose the size that can suit you sous vide machine.
If you have the right sous vide machine, you should get the right sous vide container. This review covers the best sous vide containers in the market.
These containers have a variety of uses; you can use any as a storage container for storing and transporting various foods and as sous vide water bath container.
They come in different sizes to suit your sous vide cooking needs. Also, they are affordable and you can choose one to add to your high-end kitchen tools.
You can check also: